Full-Stack Software Engineer
Want to help us make a difference in the lives of millions of Canadians? I’ve got a position for you.
THE BIG PROBLEM YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
We have an engineering team. They’ve build a great product.
BUT our users are asking for more features and we can’t keep up. As we add more users and our datasets grow, we want to make sure our systems scale well, remaining performant and secure.
And we’d LOVE to have another Software Engineer join us to help us scale our systems. That person is you.
YOU’LL MAKE GREATER IMPACT IN 3 MONTHS THAN YOU DID IN 3 YEARS AT YOUR LAST JOB
At Snap Projections, you’ll own your projects and have complete autonomy in designing solutions.
I’m not going to lie, the technical problems we solve on the engineering team aren’t trivial. But this also means you’ll be able to do work that matters and help a ton of people in a way you’ve never imagined.
So if you’ve ever wanted to be on a team that’s focused on making a massive difference in the lives of millions of people, I want to talk to you.
If financial topics interest you and you want to help Canadians make better financial decisions, you’ll love it.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS…
- 4+ years experience designing, building, and scaling systems and user-facing features.
- Experience with scaling and AWS.
- Experience in several of the technologies we are using. You don’t need to be an expert in all of them. We are looking for someone who is already comfortable across various layers of the tech stack and eager to learn additional technologies as needed.
- Enjoy designing, building and scaling systems to make them fast, while still being nicely maintainable.
- Care a lot about product and user experience, and is able to think like a user. We are looking for someone who doesn’t need to rely on a designer to figure UX stuff out for them.
- Be comfortable in a quickly changing environment, with a small team and a lot of responsibility.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- This is a full-time position either based remotely in Canada or at our offices in Edmonton, Alberta or Mississauga, Ontario.
- Competitive salary and stock options if you’re a star performer.
HOW TO APPLY
- Email your resume at pawel(at)snapprojections.com.
- Put “Software Engineer” in the subject line and nothing else.
- Tell me why you want to work at Snap Projections.
- Give me a quick overview of one of your projects that you are especially proud of.
If you’ve included everything requested in your email and your application is solid, I’ll reach out and we’ll jump on a call. The rest of the interview process will continue from there.
I hope we get a chance to work together.
Founder & CEO